Pan roasted fillet of North Sea hake served with a light curry and mussel broth and chargrilled purple sprouting broccoli
Prep Time: 40 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
4 x 220g hake fillet portions
500g purple sprouting broccoli
200g diced root vegetables
1kg fresh local mussels
2 x teaspoons of curry powder
1 x garlic clove
200ml white wine
100ml coconut cream
Pinch of saffron
Salt and pepper
- Pan fry the root vegetables, garlic and curry powder in olive oil until soft.
- Add cleaned mussels, white wine and cover with a lid until all mussels open.
- Stir in saffron, coconut milk and fresh coriander then bring to the boil and set aside and keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and place hake skin side down. Fry until the fillet is cooked half way (approx. 4-5 mins), then turn over and continue to cook until the fillet is tender to touch.
- Season the purple sprouting broccoli with salt, pepper and butter then place on a char grill or hot grill for about 4 to 5 mins until coloured.
- Pour the mussel broth into a bowl then place fish on the top and place broccoli around the fish to serve.