Bramley Apple and Blackberry Crumble with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Prep time – 20 mins.
Cooking time 40 mins.
8 x Bramley apples
4 x punnets of blackberries
1 x clove
1 x tsp mixed spice
1 x tsp cinnamon spice
1 x tsp ground ginger
100ml x water
1 x vanilla pod
50g x brown sugar
100g unsalted butter
100g castor sugar
200g plain flour
- Peel and core the apples
- Place apples in a saucepan with all the spices, water and vanilla and bring to a simmer – cook until tender
- Take off the heat and add the blackberries so they slowly bleed into the apple mixture
- Meanwhile crumb the butter, sugar and flour together
- Place on a baking tray and bake the mixture in an oven for 15 mins at 160°C (until it looks like a large biscuit)
- Set aside to cool, then break up into small pieces for the crumble topping
- Take 8 large ramekins (or 1 large cake tin) and fill ¾ of the way up with apple and blackberry mixture
- Top with crumble, and place in an oven for 10 mins at 180°C
- Serve with either clotted cream or vanilla ice cream or both!